Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Naughty or Nice?

Today, a naughty, chatty, annoying, not listening 6th grade boy told me if I taught at their school next year, he'd get held back a year just to be in my class. Sometimes the naughties kids are the sweetest.

There is a different boy--not as sweet--who asks questions I can't explain on a daily basis. Today we were reading about Erik Weihenmayer, the blind mountain climber, and a sentence said something about 'whet his appetite.' Boy said, "Mrs. Smith, there is a typo." Well I knew it wasn't a typo, but I didn't know why it wasn't a typo. So I looked it up. Wet means to soak something, but Whet means to stimulate. Look at how smart 6th grade is making me.

2 comments:

  1. I just love to hear the stories you tell about your class. I'm glad it's all going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm embarrassed that as I read this I thought, "Amber, yes, that is a typo. That's not how you spell wet."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...