I dyed my hair. Pretty normal if you know me. But it turned out DARK. I didn't mean for this to happen. I got my hair done at a hair school (they have supervisors and I was going darker, not much you can mess up with that). My one specification was that I didn't want it to be black. Well, when I got home, it was black. The next day, my students had a melt down. One student stood in front of our classroom door pointing, staring, super confused. I told him it was me. Literally I had to tell him before he'd walk into the classroom. Many of my students thought I was a sub. I had no idea that dying my hair would cause so much chaos.
I don't want to bore you with all the details (I was there for 5 hours!!!), but if you'd like to hear it, ask one of my students. They love the story. They've asked me to tell it again. I heard one kid tell another kid my hair story in the lunch line. It was a very traumatic day for the kids. See what a little change does in an elementary school classroom!
By the way, these pictures don't do it justice. It is sooooo dark. And there are blond splotches on the side of my head. Ha, what a day.
Funnies:
Male student out of breath: Mrs. Smith, if you see me slouching in my chair today it's because I am so tired. I was chased by 50 girls this morning at recess.
We are having a homophone competition between the 5th and 6th graders in my classroom. The 6th graders are so competitive that they checked out all the library books about homophones before the 5th graders could get to them.
Boy wrote 'I love (a girl in our class)' on his math paper. I saw it since I was helping him clean out his folder. So I asked if it was true and his reply was maybe (as his cheeks burned red). Then two second later that very girl came to ask me a question. The boy almost died.
Watching a boy try to turn the rope for double dutch today. I know that's not funny to anyone else, but you should have seen it.


BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!!
ReplyDelete