I thought I would be creative this Valentine's Day and make some heart shaped crayons. So I started with a box of 96 crayons and went to work. By the way, there are a lot of creative colors in that box! (Note to self: hire someone to peel the crayons next time.)
Next I broke the crayons into 5 pieces. This might be a therapeutic way to release stress. Unfortunately, it makes your fingers really sore.
After that I put the crayons into the silicon cupcake pan. (Sorry mom... I thought that the heart shaped one I borrowed from you was silicon. And I think it is, but after it melted in the oven I noticed it said for water only. The good news is that it's not red anymore. Each hole has a unique design as shown below. This is after I popped the crayons out.)
I love how they turned out!! After I realized the heart shape (ice) tray wasn't going to last another round in the heat, I made circle ones with a mini muffin pan. They aren't quite as Valentine-y, but the colors are awesome.
Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment