Thursday, November 3, 2011

TGTIF

Thank Goodness tomorrow is Friday.

I have a rocking science lesson that I am teaching tomorrow.  It's so great we get to wear the goggles, and I get to wear the white lab coat.  The kids love (or maybe I think they love it, but they think I am crazy.) Last week we made silly putty and tomorrow we are doing more chemical and physical reactions.  So great.


I don't know if it's because the weather is getting colder, but there are a few kids that are going crazy.  Seriously crazy.  For examples:

Boy ran down the hall with his head down and his arms up in the air.  It looked similar to a bird running.

Boy pecks at his chest with his had all.the.time.

Boy talks in an alien/baby/kermit voice.

I asked one boy to keep track of what he was doing during center time.  He wrote 'tiping' many times in a row.  I told him I was worried because he is wasting a lot of his time by tipping back in his chair.  He looked at me with a confused look and said, "I was trying to spell typing."  (Oh, so you were on task, good. Still concerned, but not as much as before.)


Try this:



Last night I baked a pan of brownies. After Andrew and I ate some, 2/3 of the pan was left. If I brought half of what was left to share with the teachers, how much of the pan did I bring to school? (hint: drawing a picture helps)

      --Is this a multiplication or a division problem?

My math class tried this out today.  I actually really love fractions, and teaching fractions, so this should be fun.  We get to finish our discovery on Monday, so I will reveal the answer then.

Happy (almost) weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...