My little sister is getting her mission call TOMORROW. I'm a little selfish when it comes to my siblings, and I bawled my eyes out when I found out that for sure she was going on a mission.
But you know what? She is so happy and excited to serve. She is doing the Lord's work. She is a lovely person, and will be loved by her companions, investigators, and everyone she meets. She will change lives and place hope in so many hearts. Here I am, bawling again as I type this, because I will miss her (as I know the rest of my family will). But I am also so proud of her. She'll be delivering the most wonderful message this earth has to offer, something I am so grateful for every day. She will be a fantastic missionary where ever she goes. Thank you for your example! I love you Ka!
I feel like this picture needs a little explanation... Two summers ago we took a family vacation to Las Vegas for my brother's basketball tournament (Andrew came as a boyfriend). Alexis packed nail polish and it shattered in the bag. We were laughing so hard. I went to get my mom (because moms can fix everything), but Alexis didn't want anyone else to see what happened. Collin jumped up to join the fun, so I repeated that she only wanted mom. Then everyone thought something else happened, and my dad and the boys did NOT want to get involved. Andrew got a little taste of what he'd be joining. :)
I love you so much and I cry every time I read this. You are such a great example to me and one of the ONLY reasons I am who I am today. You are a fantastic older sister, absolutely my favorite. Love you!
ReplyDelete