- Woke up at 7:06.
- Showered
- Did my hair (does anyone else get sick of doing their hair every day?)
- Drove to Pleasant Grove
- Greeted the 6th graders
- Asked the students if they had their costumes ready for Friday (we are role playing an Egyptian funeral procession, mummy included); many of them said "it's a surprise" which hopefully means I have it, but I don't want to tell anyone and not literally it is a surprise to me too.
- Listened to a science lesson (which is usually taught in the afternoon after we leave)
- Reviewed the format of the math quiz and what "show your work" means (not obvious to everyone I guess)
- Continued mummifying stuffed animals (Yes, we are learning about Egypt. They eat it up. Yes, I am leading the mummifying. Yes, it is messy. Yes, we used oil to purify the body. Yes, oil is everywhere. and ABSOLUTELY yes, we pulled out the brains and organs with paper clips today. )

- ps. there are 34 students in this class.
- Ate lunch with the 6th graders (corn dog, delicious grapes, potato wedges, carrots, and cucumbers.)
- At the end of lunch, I looked at my orange and it was very gross. A 6th grade girl in my class ran back to the food line and searched for an orange that I could take with me instead of the gross one.
- Went to recess with the children and jump roped. They were SO surprised I could jump rope. They loved it.
- Listened to the NOVA officer (This is a program in place of DARE)
- Made a list of all the homework assignments I need to do for the end of semester. (ahhh)
- NOVA cheer, always a highlight for the kids since they get to scream it. Today one student asked if they could do the BYU fight song instead. rah... rah... rah. rah. rah! Go cougars!
- Drove home. On the way, saw the strangest car. The steering wheel was on the right side--aka the passenger seat--and the wheels looked like they were slanted. Bizarre.

- Now I am at work.
- Maybe the BYU vs. Utah State game tonight?
- Maybe homework?
- SLEEP please!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Today
Today:
Posted by
The Smiths
at
5:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a crazy busy day, but just think that we only have a few days left until Thanksgiving break! I can barely stand it.
ReplyDelete