Friday, September 10, 2010

secure password?

Yesterday I couldn't log into my gmail because there had been unusual activity on my account. I panicked. After multiply tries at getting a verification code, I was able to log onto my account. No worries, someone hacked into my account and sent over 500 emails--spam emails. I don't even have over 500 contacts, how this happened, I don't know. Anyway, If you got the email, don't open the link.

The next day, I was telling some friends what had happened.

me, confidently: I changed my password, and it's super secure, so no one will know it.
Sarah, without hesitation: is it I love Andrew?
me: did I tell you what I changed it to?!
Sarah: WHAT?! Did I really just guess it right.

Fail.

I now have another password. Andrew in my password was too obvious I guess. So this time, it's a lot more random. (I hope I can remember it!)



(Many of you think that would be obvious, but I've never had a password like that. I never used people I was dating as passwords, that's weird. So I thought using Andrew would be memorable, and unique. Well, unique for me, not for anyone else.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...