Saturday, February 2, 2013

Any day...

Well, this is my 100th post.  That's pretty awesome.  Next time I write, you will probably get more pictures than words.  Maybe I'll share the birth story.  So many people post their birth (labor?) stories these day.  How do they even remember?!  And know by the minute what happens?  I feel like I will just be hysterical and overwhelmed by emotion to look at the clock.  But I guess we'll see.

I feel like I have had a relatively easy pregnancy (major blessing) because I've been able to teach the whole time.  Writing lesson plans to be gone for 6 weeks is probably one of the worst things I've had to do as a teacher.  Hopefully all goes well.  But what has been hard is walking after sitting down for too long.  It feels like my pelvic bone is separating. Oh...wait... that IS what is happening.  Our bodies are so amazing that they can recover after being pregnant and giving birth.

The kids in my class are dying because I won't tell them what we're naming our baby.  My friend I teach with thinks I could use it as a behavior incentive.  Not a bad idea.  I have an excellent class this year, but it always helps to have a little extra motivation.  This was funny. I was introducing coordinate planes to my class and they wrote their ideas on the board. One was right, and one was wrong.  I wanted them to figure out which was which using logic from other things we've talked about in class.  One kid came to the board and said, "They are both right, but this one (pointing to the left) is more likely."  More likely?  I'm not sure what that would mean either.  Boy do I love my job.  Always entertaining.


I would post a picture of my 38 week belly, but I do not have one.   Not because I am embarrassed  but because I am too lazy to take one.  So here is a little shot of her nursery.  It has been really fun getting the nursery ready.  We found an adorable pink, black and white crib set that we love.  She is going to be one spoiled little girl.  And we cannot wait!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you!!! A little baby girl! :) You're going to be such a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will remember everything of the birth story because people will ask you over and over. then a year passes, and you don't remember, so BLOG IT! I didn't even remember how much sofia weighed or what time she was born. thank goodness that i blogged it. haha. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...