WE ARE ADDING A BABY!
I talked to my class about working hard to get our routines down so when I am gone, they will be prepared to carry on with class. A girl came up to me and said, "You know how you want us to be prepared? Well, what should we do if you start to have the baby in class?"
I will be getting a knitted Link (Legend of Zelda) hat from a boy in my class.
The class thinks when I find out the gender, I should give them a pink or blue cookie. I asked why they think they should get cookies and the response was, "Ice cream is ok too."
One girl in my class loves to sew baby clothes and blankets. She told me to tell her as soon as I know if it's a boy or girl so she can get some clothes for it.
They wanted to know what I was craving, and if my pregnancy was the reason I got a little cranky when they didn't line up really fast after recess (I'm assuming they have experienced this change with their mothers or sisters... ha ha).
When they were dismissed from class, they left telling everyone they saw that I was pregnant. I got a lot of smiles and excited congratulations from about 100 kids after school.
I am glad I opted to tell them Friday afternoon before a long weekend because the excitement level after that news would not allow for any teaching to be done for the rest of the week!!
So exciting! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you amber!!! You're going to be such an awesome mom! Will Karissa be home by then? I don't remember. Anyway love you and so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting! I'm really happy for you guys!! Parenthood is the best!
ReplyDeleteAmber I'm so excited for you! You'll make a great mom. I hope things are going well for you and I can't wait to hear what you're having. Love ya.
ReplyDelete