I love being a teacher. I love walking down the hall and hearing my name being called a million times. I love the other teachers I work with. I love the endless Halloween cards I've been getting. I'm sure more will come for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. I love watching a kid finally get it--especially when they actually say, "oh!" when their eyes light up. I love working with students who are struggling so they can build confidence. I love working at a school where I get to see my mom twice a week. I love our current events each week: BYU games, mission calls, new temples. I love greeting the kids each morning; I challenged them to greet with me with a hand shake and eye contact. They feel SO uncomfortable making eye contact, but they do it anyway.
The front of this card said, "Open if you dare."
(I use photo booth at school, so the words are always backwards, sorry.)
I laugh so much during the day. Maybe it's 5/6 humor, but I think these kids are pretty funny. Yesterday a boy asked for a worksheet that he had lost. I told him it'd cost 25 cents. He got a funny look on his face, reached into his pocket, and pulled out a quarter. (Don't worry, I didn't take it)
They dance and sing all.the.time. But they can't talk loud enough for someone at the opposite side of the classroom to hear them. Curious, I know.
Update on Andrew: I talk about teaching a lot, but my real love is Andrew. The past few weeks he has been interviewing at the big four accounting firms for a winter internship. They do a bunch of preinterview stuff that, fortunately, I get to go to too. Dinner at Tucanos, pre-BYU-game meal at Carrabbas, other dinners and fun stuff. It's been great. He has a second interview with E'nY today, and an offer from Deloitte. He is one busy man.
Happy Thursday! (Yeah! Tomorrow is FRIDAY!)
Whenever I read your teaching posts, my heart breaks a little. I'm so happy you're loving it!
ReplyDelete