Thursday, July 28, 2011

The rain came down and the floods came up

Our floor isn't shiny enough to reflect light like that...
 Tuesday it started pouring (understatement) and we could hear it pelting our door. I went into the kitchen to shred the chicken, then went to put some shoes on so we could run to the store.  Andrew slowly called my name, obviously something was wrong.
I returned to the kitchen to a mini swimming pool.  Or a super duper large pool for ants.  Water was leaking in through our front door. When Andrew opened the door to look out, more water rushed in.  We had to use about 15 large beach towels to clean it all up.  
Ok, so it probably wan't that bad, but it was the worst basement flood I'd ever seen!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha "a super duper large pool for ants." I love you guys - and I really hope there was no permanent damage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of living in the basement. At least it was rain water and not the toilet water from upstairs leaking down. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...